To celebrate our one month anniversary, a few of the girls and I had brunch at this coffee shop called Mocha Janes. Then we spent the afternoon wandering around the Fine Art Museum. It was a great way to spend the day because it was free, air conditioned and filled with lots of beautiful artwork.
I've decided to create a list of all of the "firsts" I have experienced while living here this past month. Hopefully this list will continue to grow throughout the year!
1. Eating and liking eggs. I used to hate how eggs tasted, but apparently I like Asian eggs...or just the delicious way they were cooked.
2. Being a real teacher with my own classroom
3. And to go along with #2, first time seeing my name on my diploma. So exciting!
4. Going to a fancy bar. I don't think I can count any of the bars in Lawrence as fancy.
5. Driving (and owning) a scooter!
6. Going to KTV (Karaoke Television)
7. Cooking my own food in a foreign country
8. Eating mango shaved ice
9. Having a business card with my name on it
10. Eating raw passionfruit
11. Experiencing a typhoon
12. Having a foreign address (and having it being in a big city...so that's #12 and #13)
That's all of the real big firsts that I can think of for now. I'm trying my best to write in this thing every week but I have been so busy that sometimes it is hard to find time. But I will try my best. Thanks for reading!