Monday, May 26, 2014

A Visit from a Fellow Jayhawk

Just a few days after coming back from Malaysia one of my best friends from my program at KU came to visit. She has also been teaching abroad in Yangon, Myanmar since September. Last February, we traveled to the UNI International Job Fair where we both accepted our positions abroad. It was so great to have her visit and to show her everything I love about Taiwan. I plan on visiting her in Myanmar in October. 

The harbor in Keelung 

Yehliu Geopark in northeast Taiwan

Hiking in the geopark

This lady playing the rock piano was fantastic 

Jiufen, an old mining town on the northeast coast


The view was spectacular 

We hiked up Teapot Mountain on the outskirts of Jiufen 


We found dinosaurs in Yilan 



Biking in Yilan County 

I accidentally booked us to stay at a cat themed bed and breakfast. It was a pretty great accident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment