Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Random Happenings of Late...and One Big Decision

Life these past few weeks has been nothing short of a whirlwind. A whirlwind filled with big life decisions and a very busy schedule. In the past six weeks I have traveled to two different countries, went on three trips inside of Taiwan, had one big thing in my life end and another begin. 

About five weeks ago I officially made the decision to stay in Taiwan to teach for a second year! After other events happened in my life, the decision to stay was a no-brainer. I absolutely love Taiwan and everything about my life here. I have seen myself change and grow in ways that I never thought I was capable of. Taiwan, and my experiences here, are helping me to become the person I always wanted to be. That being said, there was no way one year on this beautiful island was enough. I will be teaching at my same school again next year. I am so excited to be that second year teacher that "knows her stuff" and can help all of the new teachers to establish themselves here. I have loved having the guidance of the second year teachers this year and I can't wait to pass that guidance on. One of my friends from KU will be teaching at my school next year and I am so excited to show him the beautiful country that I have fallen in love with. 

So here is to one more year here. One more year of growth, change, adventures, road trips, tea, dumplings, new friends and happiness. Here's to one more year of Taiwan. 


And here's to some pictures of recent events: 

Lunch with Angela's mom on a rainy Taichung day

Exploring the lantern festival at Wenxin Park

Biking on Cijin Island in Kaohsiung 


Walking around the lantern festival at Wenxin Park

Angela's mom made us pose with the different lights and statues


Waiting for the show to start

We celebrated Valentine's Day at school. How can you just not love them and want to take them home with you?


Cijin Island in Kaohsiung 

Art District in Kaohsiung 

One of my students enjoying her strawberries at the Lantern Festival 

Painting upside down at school, I have never seen them more excited for art


Art club doing some sketches

Thank you to everyone who supported me throughout these past few weeks, especially my amazing family. Your support and guidance mean so much to me. Thank you for everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment